Pharmacy Alternatives is a specialized pharmacy focused on serving individuals with cognitive, intellectual and developmental disabilities. We are one of only a few pharmacies in the nation that specialize in serving special-needs populations.
How We Are Different
Innovative Dispensing Systems
- Packaging technology designed for medication adherence – especially for the population we serve
- Speedy processing of physician orders
- Efficient and timely dispensing and shipment of medications
- Highly responsive billing and medical records team
- Exceptional customer service with exceptional outcomes
Electronic Medication Management
- 100% visibility and control
- Reduces missed medications and medication errors
- Standardizes medication administration workflow
- Facilitates timely administration of medications
- Ensures appropriate PRNs administered as prescribed
- Increases data integrity, quality and accuracy to improve outcomes
Clinical and Educational Supports
- Certified developmental disabilities nurses
- IDD-specific trained pharmacists
- Seminars, webinars and conferences
- Routine clinical email and educational support
- Monthly newsletter that includes pharmacy best practices, new medications, staff training guidance and research
A fresh approach to pharmacy solutions
Who We Serve
The individuals we serve live in intermediate care facilities, wavier homes, group homes, assisted living, supported-living or foster care. They may have diagnoses of acquired brain injury, dementia, cerebral palsy, autism or Alzheimer’s disease, among others.
Pharmacy Alternatives provides comprehensive pharmacy services to many types of agencies across the United States. We take the guesswork out of getting medications for the individuals you serve.
How We Help
Our certified pharmacists are happy to work directly with clients, family members, physicians or other supporting agencies to answer any questions about medications or our services.
Pharmacy Alternatives employs several pharmacist consultants to travel to community settings to evaluate an individual’s medication regimen on a periodic basis.
Flexible and Knowledgeable Care
We want the individuals we serve to get the most from their prescription drug coverage. Pharmacy Alternatives is experienced in working with Medicaid, Medicare Part D, Medicare Part B, private insurance and private pay individuals.
Contact Us for More Information
Call us at 866-743-2443, email us at Info@palrx.com or visit our website at palrx.com to learn more.
Cost Effective Care & Quality Outcomes through our Connected Home
Care Management Solutions
One in every 10 American families is directly affected by a loved one with intellectual or developmental disabilities. We’ve invested in unique, innovative care management solutions that improve quality and outcomes and lower the cost of care.
Our Connected Home is an industry-leading, best in quality and compliance model that includes using electronic health records (EHR), medication management, remote monitoring, telecare and behavioral services to create an outcomes-based environment that helps people live their best life.